Do you think you are Innovative, driven and solution oriented? If yes, we invite you to participate in our Student Design contest - *Disruptive Innovators 2020 *
This competition is open to any current student who is in a accredited college and in a degree program in Engineering or technology.
Contestants will design a unmanned robot that can move, lift and carry materials of at least 100 kilos. The design should be compact, able to move in small spaces and able to maneuver sharp turns. It should also have a low maintenance cost and be able to recharge quickly.
Entries can be from individuals or from teams of up to 4 people.
Three winning entries will get an exciting 3 months internship opportunity in the Kurlon Innovation Lab and funding to bring their design come to life.
Contestants should provide all the following documents to be considered
• One page document showing finished product, Features and benefits
• concept idealization - how did you think of this solution
• Detailed 3D model of the product all parts with details of circuitry and design
• Material details including costs and project plan of building and execution
Applications accepted from
August 20th, 2020 to September 20th, 2020
Review and finalization of candidates
September 25th, 2020
Internship dates from
October 1st, 2020 to December 31st, 2020
This is a remote opportunity, applicants will be expected to have access to email and internet for the complete duration of the program. They will be required to join virtual team meetings and collaboration sessions. The position will require a 3 month commitment to the position to receive a certificate of completion.
No. Of positions: 3
How to apply:
Send the following details to DesignInternship@kurlon.com
• Subject of the email to be : Disruptive Innovators 2020
• 1 minute video introduction of the team
• A copy of valid student ID for each team member
• A copy of resume of each team member
• Submission package as attachment or link to a secure document share site If files are large.